Saturday, February 19, 2011

First Married Apartment

Our first married apartment! Okay, granted, Jeff has lived here for the last 8 months and I have lived here for the past 6. Looking at apartments while we were engaged was so exciting. Driving around with Mike and Kathy (Jeff's parents) looking all around to try and find a place that we wanted to call our first "home." We found it and were on a waiting list and on the day that we went to get our marriage license we got the phone call that we were in! I was excited and Jeff was too (at the very least because he now actually had a place to live when he got back up here). Then Jeff sent me pictures via text message the day that he moved in. I was at work and all of us girls "ooo-ed" and "ahhhh-ed" and talked about apartments all day. I talked to Jeff on the phone every night after work while he was sitting on the couch or bed. Then, we got back from our honeymoon to our cute married apartment and I loved it! Yes, lugging groceries up to the third floor in as few trips as possible or having an oven drawer that almost crushes my foot every time I close it is sometimes very frustrating but I love this place!

We have been looking for new places to live since our contract is almost up and went to see two last night. They were fine but when I got home I got all reminiscent about this place and told Jeff that I would probably cry when we moved out. Who knew that four walls, a roof, and a floor could make me so emotional.

Our first "meal" at the apartment after getting back from the honeymoon.


Our kitchen table and "chairs." We sat on a 5 gallon bucket and exercise ball until Ryan and Jennifer gave us our Christmas present. We now have chairs!

Our family room. It's covered in presents and isn't decorated here but you get the idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment