Monday, June 15, 2015

The Joy of Womanhood

The Joy of Womanhood
That's the name of the talk that this quote comes from. This has been on my mind a lot the last week or so and then it came up yesterday while my Visiting Teachers were over. I would like to add that this does not only apply to women of the LDS faith. It applies to women everywhere who are trying to be better people and closer to Christ. Maybe it is because I am now a mom of a little girl but I love everything that this talks about. In the world today, women are expected to be so rough and harsh and, sometimes, downright rude. We seem to be seen as weak if we are kind. I'm not saying that we need to let people walk all over us (or cut in line) but why is there this view that women who serve one another or (gasp!) enjoy spending time with their children are the ones with something wrong with them. I truly believe that the world would be a much better place if women didn't have to be so rude, so guarded, so harsh. So be a working mom, a stay at home mom, not a mom. Be celebrating your 50th anniversary. Be newlyweds. Be that college student drowning in homework and jobs that are awful. Be a 15 year old trying to figure out high school. Be a 12 year old trying to figure out middle school (I'm sorry). But good grief, be nice! That's all I'm asking. Let's make the world a little better.  


In case you want to read the talk that this quote comes from, here's the link: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2000/10/the-joy-of-womanhood?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment