Wednesday, May 8, 2013

14 Weeks Old

14 Weeks Old
 
 
-Still very much a morning girl. She wakes up at 7:12 almost every morning and when I hear her stir I look over and see her just looking around while rocking in her glider. I say "good morning!" and she gets the biggest grin. Then, she eats and gets changed and the plays with her friends on her playmat while I eat breakfast and get ready for our walk. After about an hour and a half of playing, singing, reading, and chatting we go on our walk and by the time we get back it's nap time--half of which is usually spent in the swing and the other half is spent snuggling with mom.
Playing on the playmat.
Napping on mom.
Once again, mom nap time.
 -We found a new way that Emery likes to sit and play--propped up on my knees. We sing wheels on the bus, if you're happy and you know it, and any other song that she laughs at. Sitting like this plus diapers that are getting a little small contributed to so many leaks that we had to do an extra load of laundry by the end of the week.

-Speaking of diapers, this little one is almost out of size 1 diapers. How sad! Now we're just using up the rest of what we have since size 2 diapers are still a little big.

-Emery still loves her tongue more than any toy we have in the house. She will sit there licking her hands, our arms, the couch, the blanket, and anything else she can get her tongue on.

"I love licking!"

"Mom, can I just lick you?"

"But why not?!"

"I just want to lick something."
 -I don't know if I have mentioned this before but Emery girl loves her swing. She'll nap in it and alternates between sitting in that and the bumbo while Jeff and I eat dinner. She usually sits in the swing while I make dinner too.
 

 
 -Is still trying to roll over so badly and she loves sleeping on her side if she falls asleep on the floor or on the couch so she's starting to get uncomfortable sleeping in the glider. Maybe she'll be moved to her crib one of these days. Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment